Required Immunizations - Domestic Students (U.S. Citizens)
The University of Oregon requires that all entering college students provide proof of measles (rubeola) and mumps immunity or an acceptable form of exemption. Without this information, a hold will be placed on registration the term after a student enters the university.
***Incoming students can now complete their immunization compliance process by logging into myUOHealth with their Duck ID, and clicking on "Immunizations".***
NOTE: The portal is only accessible one term prior to you enrolling in the university. You must claim your Duck ID before using the student portal. To claim your Duck ID, go to https://duckid.uoregon.edu. You will need to know your UO ID number and your Personal Access Code (PAC).
Download: Cover Letter for U.S. Students (PDF)
Download: Measles / Mumps Immunization Certificate - U.S. Students (PDF)
Link: Risks of Non-Immunization
Portal instructions for MMR vaccines
- Log into the portal at studentlife.uoregon.edu/myhealth, or go to healthcenter.uoregon.edu and click on “my UO Health” student portal on the right under Resources.
- Username is your Duck ID (email) without “@uoregon.edu” and password.
- Click on “Immune” then click on “Enter dates.”
- Scroll down to enter the dates of your appropriate documentation. You can enter the date as (example) "02/10/1999" instead of searching the calendar for year, month, day.
- Once you have entered the dates or blood test results scroll to the bottom to “Submit.”
- Click on “Upload.”
- Choose “Immunization Record” or “Immunization Titer Results” depending on your documentation.
- Click “Select File” and browse to find your image, or take a picture with your phone.
- Click “Upload.”
- Your document will appear at the bottom of the page under “Documents already on file.”
- Be sure to log out of your session.
You must meet one of the following six guidelines to ensure that you are in compliance with the requirement:
- MMR Vaccines: All entering college students born on or after January 1, 1957, are required to show proof of receiving two doses of both measles (rubeola) and mumps vaccine, or two doses of MMR vaccine on or after their first birthday. An MMR booster is required for students who received only one dose of measles, mumps or MMR. If you don’t have documentation of immunizations please print and fill out the Immunization Certificate and log into the my UO Health portal to upload an image. Be sure to complete the top portion of the Immunization Certificate. If you have documentation of your immunization record, please log into myUOHealth portal and enter the dates of your MMR vaccines then upload an image of your immunization record. If immunization information is not available or you do not know your immunization status, the necessary vaccine is available at the University Health Center for a fee.
- A documented history of measles (rubeola) and mumps disease(s): Have your health care provider fill out the medical exemption statement portion on the Immunization Certificate. Please be sure to complete the top portion of the Immunization Certificate before uploading into myUOHealth portal.
- Born before 1957: Please notify the immunization coordinator at University Health Center, 541-346-2764.
- Blood (titer) tests which show immunity to measles (rubeola) and mumps: Have your health care provider complete the medical exemption statement on the Immunization Certificate, attach a copy of the titer test results, log into myUOHealth portal and enter the results of immunity test(s), and upload an image.
- Medical exemptions*: Have your health care provider complete and sign the medical exemption statement on the Immunization Certificate and return it to University Health Center.
- Non-Medical Exemptions*: If you would like to be eligible for a non-medical exemption you must either (1) meet with a doctor, nurse practitioner or nurse to discuss the associated risks of declining immunization; or (2) you may request to watch an educational video regarding immunizations. Once this step is completed you must then complete a non-medical exemption form at the end of the video and sign a Declaration for Exemption form provided by the health center. Contact University Health Center to discuss a non-medical exemption.
*Whether for a medical or non-medical exemption, if you are not immune and if there is a case of active measles on campus, you may be excluded from campus (including all classes and extra-curricular activities) for 21 days. In the case of mumps, because of a potentially longer incubation period, the duration of exclusion may be up to 25 days.
Records drop-off location in University Health Center: Reception Desk
1232 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1232
ATTENTION: Immunization Coordinator