Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) for Students
on choosing to quit smoking! Our program offers students cessation counseling and
free NRT Patches or Gum to support their quit
UO is a tobacco-free campus and as such we care about your health and the health of everyone around you. To that end University Health Services offers non-judgmental one-on-one tobacco cessation services to students who are thinking about or have decided to quit using tobacco. We can help with any kind of tobacco product you may be struggling with including, cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, cigars, hookahs, and others. The American Cancer Society states that pairing Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) with a cessation program can double your chances of success.
Please contact Elisabeth Maxwell
to make a cessation appointment:
We want to help you quit and stay quit!!!
A Few Fast Facts
- Worldwide tobacco kills up to half of its users (WHO, 2014)
- Tobacco kills nearly 6 million people each year globally including over 600,000 from second-hand smoke (WHO, 2014)
- Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths every year in the US, including an estimated 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure (CDC, 2015)
- Since 2002, the number of former U.S. smokers has exceeded the number of current smokers—meaning that you can do it too! (CDC, 2011)
To get more information, and to see if you qualify for free NRT, please visit our NRT program page at: http://healthcenter.uoregon.edu/Services/Pharmacy/Nicotine.aspx
- In order to evaluate the NRT program, you may be contacted after completing your NRT course to get your input.
Other Resources for Quitting Tobacco
Freedom From Smoking Online (American Lung Association) http://www.ffsonline.org/
· Smartphone Apps
NCI QuitPal (for iPhone)